BSD Overload Clutches
Rexnord BSD Multi-Disc Overload Clutches are mechanical, infinitely-variable overload protection devices suitable for applications with high speeds and high slipping frequencies.
If the pre-set transmitting torque value is exceeded, either at the drive or driven side, the clutch will slip transmitting the slipping torque only.
Catalog: BSD Overload Clutches
Features & Benefits
- Wet and dry operation
- Variable cup spring stacking
- Combinations with other products e.g. freewheels
- High torques at small dimensions
- Low maintenance
- Easy torque adjustment
- Rex Series 452x
- Torque range: 18 - 1,600 Nm, designed with support (sliding bearing) of the outer part to connect an elastic coupling. Sprocket or geared wheel may be attached.
- Rex Series 451x
- Torque range: 18 - 1,600 Nm, same design as type 450x including hub outer body.
- Rex Series 450x up to 40,000 Nm
- Torque range: 1,100 - 40,000 Nm, multi disc torque limiter clutch for high torque, designed with stack of cup springs. Steel/sintered discs for dry and wet operation.
- Rex Series 450x up to 1,600 Nm
- Torque range: 18 - 1,600 Nm, overload clutch with sintered discs for dry and wet operation. High torques at small diameters, designed with housing of outer body.
Contact BSD Overload Clutches Support
North America: 1-866-REXNORD (1-866-739-6673)
The Rexnord BSD technical services team is available to lead the specifications process based on your design parameters, and an analysis of your application. When a unique situation confronts you, Rexnord is there to provide the right solutions.
With locations around the world, Rexnord provides experienced application and post-sales support, no matter where you are.