Note that other Rexnord Group websites may be governed by other privacy policies.
Categories of Personal Data and Processing Purposes: What personal data do we process about you and why?
You may use our Rexnord Website without providing any personal data. In this case, we will collect only the following metadata resulting from your usage of our Rexnord Website: browser type and version, operating system and interface, website from which you are visiting (referrer URL), webpage(s) you visit on our Rexnord Website, date and time of Rexnord Website access, and internet protocol (IP) address.
Your IP address will be used to enable your access to our Rexnord Website. Once your IP address is no longer necessary for this purpose, we will shorten it your IP address by removing the last octet. This metadata, including the shortened IP address, will be used to improve our services as well as the quality of our Rexnord Website. We will analyze user behavior in anonymized form to prevent fraud and misuse of our IT systems, as well as to ensure physical, IT, and network security.
1.2 Contact details
If you contact us through our Rexnord Website, you will be asked to provide the following personal data: name, company, title, address, email address, telephone number, and fax number. We process such personal data to answer your queries or information requests.
1.3 Newsletter and product catalogues
If you request our newsletter or product catalogues, we collect and process the following personal data: name, title, company name, email address, and your voluntary request to receive marketing emails or postal mails. We process such personal data to analyze your interests for marketing purposes, as well as to distribute our newsletter and other marketing materials to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Processing Basis and Consequences: What is the legal justification for processing your personal data and what happens if you choose not to provide it?
We rely on the following legal grounds for the collection, processing, and use of your personal data:
- Processing is necessary to enable your use of the Rexnord Website;
- We require your consent to process your data for one or more specific purposes;
- Processing is necessary for legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms to protect your personal data; such legitimate interests are the fulfilment of the processing purposes set out above in Section 1, in particular improvement of our services and the quality of our Rexnord Website, prevention of fraud, misuse of our IT systems, physical, IT and network security, as well as marketing relating to our products and services;
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
The provision of your personal data is not required by a statutory or contractual obligation. In some cases, the provision of your personal data is necessary to register an account on the Rexnord Website and/or to receive our services/products as requested by you. The provision of your personal data is voluntary.
Not providing your personal data may result in disadvantages for you. For example, you may not be able to register an account on the Rexnord Website or receive marketing information. However, unless otherwise specified, not providing your personal data will not result in legal consequences for you.
Categories of Recipients and International Transfers:- Who do we transfer your personal data to and where are they located?
We may transfer your personal data to third parties for the processing purposes described above as follows:
- Within the Rexnord Group: Each of our affiliates and subsidiaries (each affiliate or subsidiary including us referred to as "Rexnord Affiliate") within the global Rexnord Group may receive your personal data as necessary for the processing purposes described above. Depending on the categories of personal data and the purposes for which the personal data has been collected, different internal departments within the Rexnord Company may receive your personal data. For example, our IT department may have access to your account data. Moreover, other departments within the Rexnord Company have access to certain personal data about you on a need-to-know basis, such as the legal department, the finance department, or internal auditing.
- With data processors: Certain third parties ("Processors"), whether affiliated or unaffiliated, may receive your personal data to process such data under appropriate instructions as necessary for the processing purposes described above Third parties may include website service providers, marketing service providers, IT support service providers, and other service providers who support us in maintaining our commercial relationship with you. Processors will be subject to contractual obligations to implement appropriate technical and organizational security measures to safeguard your personal data and to process your personal data only as instructed.
You can ask for further details of currently engaged Processors by contacting us as set out in Section 7 below.
- Other recipients: In compliance with applicable data protection law, we may transfer personal data to law enforcement agencies, governmental authorities, judicial authorities, legal counsel, external consultants, or business partners. In case of a corporate merger or acquisition, personal data may be transferred to the third parties involved in the merger or acquisition. We will not disclose your personal data to third parties for advertising or marketing purposes or for any other purposes without permission.
Any access to your personal data is restricted to those need-to-know individuals and only to fulfill their job responsibilities.
International transfers. You should expect that the recipients identified above which will receive or have access to your personal data are located inside or outside the European Economic Area ("EEA").
- For recipients located outside of the EEA, some are certified under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and others are located in countries with adequacy decisions pursuant to Art. 45 GDPR (in particular, Canada, Switzerland, and Israel), and, in each case, the transfer is thereby recognized as providing an adequate level of data protection from a European data protection law perspective.
- Other recipients might be located in other countries (such as the USA), which do not adduce an adequate level of protection from a European data protection law perspective. We will take all necessary measures to ensure that transfers out of the EEA are adequately protected as required by applicable data protection law. With respect to transfers to countries not providing an adequate level of data protection, we will base the transfer on appropriate safeguards, such as standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission or by a supervisory authority (Art. 46(2)(c) or (d) GDPR), approved codes of conduct together with binding and enforceable commitments of the recipient (Art. 46 (2)(e) GDPR), or approved certification mechanisms together with binding and enforceable commitments of the recipient (Art. 46 (2)(f) GDPR). You can ask for a copy of such appropriate safeguards by contacting us as set out in Section 7 below.
Retention Period: How long do we keep your personal data?
Your personal data will be retained as long as necessary to provide you with the services and products requested. Your Metadata will be deleted 26 months after your visit to the Rexnord Website. Your newsletter registration data will be deleted after you inform us that you no longer want to receive marketing information from us.
If we are required by applicable law to retain your personal data, we will not delete them. We may also retain your personal data if we need your personal data to establish, exercise, or defend a legal claim, only on a need-to-know basis. To the extent possible, we will restrict the processing of your personal data for such limited purposes after the termination of the contractual relationship.
Your Rights: What rights do you have and how can you assert your rights?
- Right to withdraw your consent: If you have declared your consent regarding certain collecting, processing, and use of your personal data (in particular, regarding the receipt of direct marketing communication via email, SMS/WhatsApp, and telephone), you can withdraw this consent at any time. Such a withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to the consent withdrawal. You can withdraw your consent as follows: send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Further, you can object to the use of your personal data for the purposes of marketing without incurring any costs other than the transmission costs in accordance with basic tariffs.
- Additional data privacy rights: Pursuant to applicable data protection law, you may have the right to: (i) request access to your personal data; (ii) request rectification of your personal data; (iii) request erasure of your personal data; (iv) request restriction of processing of your personal data; (v) request data portability; and/or (vi) object to the processing of your personal data (including objection to profiling).
Please note that these aforementioned rights might be limited under the applicable local data protection law. Below please find further information on your rights to the extent that the GDPR applies:
- Right to request access to your personal data: As provided by applicable data protection law, you have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed, and, where that is the case, to request access to your personal data. This access information includes, inter alia, the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipient to whom your personal data has been or will be disclosed. However, this is not an absolute right and the interests of other individuals may restrict your right of access.
You may have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data undergoing processing free of charge. For further copies requested by you, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
- Right to request rectification: As provided by applicable data protection law, you have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to complete incomplete personal data, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
- Right to request erasure (right to be forgotten): As provided by applicable data protection law, you have the right to request from us the erasure of personal data concerning you and we may be obliged to erase such personal data.
- Right to request restriction of processing: As provided by applicable data protection law, you have the right to request from us restriction of processing your personal data. In such case, the respective data will be marked and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
- Right to request data portability: As provided by applicable data protection law, you have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you may have the right to transmit the data to another entity without hindrance from us.
- Right to object:
Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to object to the processing of your personal data at any time by us on grounds relating to your particular situation. In such cases, we are required to no longer process your personal data. Such right to object may especially apply if we collect and process your personal data for profiling purposes to better understand your interests in our products and services or for direct marketing.
If you have a right to object and you exercise this right, your personal data will no longer be processed for such purposes by us. You may exercise this right by contacting us as stated in Section 7 below.
Such a right to object may, in particular, not exist if the processing of your personal data is necessary to take steps prior to entering into a contract or to perform a contract already concluded.
To exercise your rights, please contact us as stated under Section 7 below. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority in the relevant Member State (e.g., the place where you reside or work) of an alleged infringement of the GDPR.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
Questions and Contact Information