How to Choose the Right Disc Coupling
How should you choose a disc coupling? Disc couplings are designed to meet your requirements for torque, speed and balance but unfortunately, there is not one disc coupling design that meets all of the many coupling application requirements. To ensure you choose the right disc coupling, you’ll want to ask these questions:
For more information on Rexnord Couplings such as installation manuals, videos and product specifications, click here.
- What are the torque and speed requirements of your application?
- Do you require a highly engineered, customized design?
- Is coupling weight a critical consideration?
- Does the coupling need to be corrosion-resistant?
- Are there specific torsional stiffness requirements?
- Are there particular industry specifications the coupling must comply with?
- What hub style and shaft fits are required?
- What is the expected misalignment for the application?
- Will expedited delivery of your coupling be needed?
- Does the manufacturer offer online tools to help you choose the right coupling, such as a selector or 2D/3D CAD drawings?
- How important is total cost of ownership to you?
Disc Coupling Quick Reference Guide
Learn how the Rexnord Disc Coupling offering can help you by downloading our Disc Coupling Quick Reference Guide.