BSD Overload Clutches
Rexnord BSD Multi-Disc Overload Clutches are mechanical, infinitely-variable overload protection devices suitable for applications with high speeds and high slipping frequencies.
If the pre-set transmitting torque value is exceeded, either at the drive or driven side, the clutch will slip transmitting the slipping torque only.
Catalog: BSD Overload Clutches
Features & Benefits
- Wet and dry operation
- Variable cup spring stacking
- Combinations with other products e.g. freewheels
- High torques at small dimensions
- Low maintenance
- Easy torque adjustment
- Rex Series 452x
- Torque range: 18 - 1,600 Nm, designed with support (sliding bearing) of the outer part to connect an elastic coupling. Sprocket or geared wheel may be attached.
- Rex Series 451x
- Torque range: 18 - 1,600 Nm, same design as type 450x including hub outer body.
- Rex Series 450x up to 40,000 Nm
- Torque range: 1,100 - 40,000 Nm, multi disc torque limiter clutch for high torque, designed with stack of cup springs. Steel/sintered discs for dry and wet operation.
- Rex Series 450x up to 1,600 Nm
- Torque range: 18 - 1,600 Nm, overload clutch with sintered discs for dry and wet operation. High torques at small diameters, designed with housing of outer body.
Contact BSD Overload Clutches Support
BSD Outside North America
+49 231 82 94 334
The Rexnord BSD technical services team is available to lead the specifications process based on your design parameters, and an analysis of your application. When a unique situation confronts you, Rexnord is there to provide the right solutions.
With locations around the world, Rexnord provides experienced application and post-sales support, no matter where you are.