Gearboxes & Transmissions
O-Ring Face Seals
The O-ring TFE face seal is designed for applications in which heat and size requirements demand special engineering and manufacturing expertise to produce a high quality, positive face seal. They are used for sealing gases and oils where the temperature range exceeds that for an elastomeric secondary seal. Typical uses are for gas turbines in airplanes, helicopters, missiles, space vehicles and ground support equipment.
The Metal Bellows Seal is designed for use in extreme temperatures and in chemical applications where elastomers are not practical. They are ideal for high temperature fuels, oils and gases, and for extremely low temperatures such as liquid oxygen refrigeration systems.
Shallow Hydropads Seals
Patented and production proven technology capable of eliminating oil leakage and extending seal MTBF.
• Non-Contacting: Creates and maintains a lubricating film (cushion of air) that the seal face rides on.
• Virtually Zero Leakage: High pressure “air barrier” eliminates oil leakage across the sealing interface.
• Reduced Heat Generation: By as much as 80%-90% over conventional seal designs.
• Extended Seal Life: Non-contacting mode results in very low wear and dramatically increasing seal life.
Contacting Face Seals
Used in numerous aerospace and industrial applications, they are assemblies comprised of:
• Primary sealing elements (seal nose and mating ring)
• Secondary sealing element
• Loading device
• Various hardware prevents leakage of a media (liquid or gas) along rotating shafts
Non-Contacting Face Seals
Employing hydrodynamic principles, Rexnord®'s patented Type-16 Shallow Hydropad Seals generate a lubricating film of high pressure air that:
• Enables seal faces to operate in a non-contacting mode, cutting heat generation
by 80% - 90% (dropping seal interface temperatures 100 Deg F to 200 Deg F in
typical aerospace applications)
• Acts as a high pressure "barrier of air" that reduces leakage across the
seal interface to virtually zero
• Dramatically increases seal life (up to 30,000 hours is feasible)
Engine & APU
Data Inquiry Form