Transportation & Shipping
One of the common missed steps in product development is the understanding of how to deliver your product to the intended marketplace in one piece.
The Rexnord Innovation Center has worked with numerous companies to conduct testing of specially designed packaging to insure product quality upon delivery.
Transportation & Shipping Testing Applications Include:
• Vibration, shock, and environmental testing of packaged and unpacked goods
• Standard testing per ASTM D999-08, MIL STD 810
• Lift truck, chain and component testing.
• Medical device packaging testing 510(K)
• ASTM D999 Vibration testing of shipping containers
• ASTM D3580 Vibration (vertical sinusoidal motion) test of products
• ASTM D4728 Random Vibration testing of shipping containers
• ISO 2247 Vibration test at fixed low frequency
• ISO 8318 Vibration test using a sinusoidal variable frequency
• ISO 9022-10 Combined sinusoidal vibration, dry heat or cold
• ISO 9022-15 Combined random vibration wide band: reducibility medium, in dry heat or cold
• ISO 9022-19 Temperature cycles combined with sinusoidal or random vibration
• IEC 60068-2-64 Environmental Testing: Part II, methods, vibration, broad-band random
• MIL 167 Military Standard, mech. vibrations of shipboard equipment
• MIL 810 Environmental Engineering Considerations and Laboratory Tests
• RTCA DO-160 Environmental Conditions and Test Procedures for Airborne Equipment